Have a specific question about board service?
BoardSource members can take advantage of our Ask-an-Expert e-mail service. Boardsource has been working with nonprofit boards for 25 years. The expertise we’ve gained informs this service, which provides you with the opportunity to ask one of our governance experts a board-related question via e-mail. We promise to get back to you with an answer within two business days.
The Board Recruitment Center was developed with generous support from the Deerbrook Charitable Trust.
For more information about serving on a board, check out these additional resources:
Free Community Resources
- Joining a Nonprofit Board
- Board Orientation
- Evaluating the Fit of a Board Service Opportunity
- Board Service Readiness Quiz
- Board Responsibilities and Structures – FAQs
- Coming to Terms with a Conflict of Interest
- Financial and Fundraising Issues – FAQs
- Legal and Compliance Issues – FAQs
- Managing Conflicts of Interest
- New Board Member Collection
- The Business Professional’s Guide to Nonprofit Board Service
Board Member Training and Development