BoardSource Permissions Policy
BoardSource is dedicated to advancing the public good by building exceptional nonprofit boards and inspiring board service. Through its programs and services, BoardSource produces a variety of publications and informational materials available in print and online. While BoardSource encourages the distribution of these materials for purposes of educating nonprofit boards and staff, BoardSource is the owner of the copyright to its published materials and requests that those interested in reproducing materials observe the following guidelines:
- When permission is requested in writing, BoardSource will allow up to three pages of most BoardSource publications (except assessment tools) to be reproduced at no charge, providing the proper credit and citations accompany the excerpt and the material is not sold or registered for copyright.
- Permission for use of up to 15 pages of a publication (excluding assessment tools) may be obtained for a nominal fee.
- In cases where the use of more than 15 pages of a publication is requested, special fees and limitations may apply. Please contact BoardSource at 877-892-6273 or by e-mail for more information.
- BoardSource does not allow 100 percent of any product to be reproduced. Publications must be purchased either through the online bookstore or from Customer Relations at 877-892-6273. Bulk sale discounts are available.
- BoardSource offers licensing and customization services for printed materials and online tools. Please contact the Strategic Development and Partnerships department at 877-892-6273 for more information.
- BoardSource allows and encourages you to link to www.boardsource.org. However, we recommend linking to our home page, as content or addresses for subpages may change. If you are interested in using content from this website, please submit your request below.
- BoardSource does not allow members-only articles or materials to be reproduced.