Strong board support and executive leadership are essential to the success of each nonprofit organization.
What is Board Support for Nonprofits?
Nonprofits can greatly benefit from support, as most nonprofits need guidance to thrive and grow their mission. At BoardSource, we envision a future where the nonprofit community has the leadership to fulfill its purpose and create a just world where all can thrive together. We believe that strong board and executive leadership are essential to the success of each individual nonprofit, and — for more than 30 years — have been working to inspire and support excellence in nonprofit governance and board and staff leadership.
Many nonprofit boards feel alone and wonder how to locate resources to help them. BoardSource is the go-to resource for nonprofit boards and the recognized leader in the field of nonprofit governance.
BoardSource’s Board Support Program
We invite you to learn more about the many ways that we can help you support and strengthen your board, your organization, and your impact:
- Our Board Support Program provides fundamental, assessment-based support to nonprofit boards and executives.
- Information about assessing board and chief executive performance — one of the proven strategies to becoming a stronger board and building a constructive board–chief executive partnership.
- A library of resources on a wide range of board leadership topics and issues, as well as a catalog of governance publications and tools available for purchase.
- Our membership programs offer broad access to educational resources and support, including network-wide access points for federated networks supporting their chapters and affiliates and corporations supporting their employees who are serving on nonprofit boards.
- Educational webinars and training — led by experts with helpful tips, tools, and takeaways on a broad range of leadership topics.
- Our network of consultants can provide individualized support for a wide range of governance and leadership needs.
I appreciate the depth of resources and training available. I’ve found relevant information for all stages of board development and for every level of board member.