BoardSource is the only organization focused exclusively on strengthening nonprofit boards and inspiring board service.
We welcome the opportunity to share our expertise with the media and with those who want to learn more about nonprofit board leadership and the sector as a whole.
- BoardSource President and CEO, Monika Kalra Varma, shares a letter with the nonprofit community. Read the letter here.
- ANNOUNCEMENT: BoardSource Names Monika Kalra Varma as President and CEO. Read the full press release.
- ANNOUNCEMENT: BoardSource’s CEO, Anne Wallestad, recently announced that she will be stepping down from her position next June after nearly ten years as BoardSource’s president and CEO. Read the leadership transition announcement.
- For statistics on current board practices, please review the most recent edition of our signature study, Leading with Intent: A National Index of Nonprofit Board Practices.
- BoardSource’s perspectives on Recommended Governance Practices are also available.
- Journalists seeking expert commentary on range of issues affecting nonprofit boards, including governance best practices, should email [email protected] or call 202-349-2500 (option 4). Please provide your media outlet, the nature of your inquiry, and daytime phone number. We are happy to provide journalists with an interest in a particular board practice or issue with free PDF copies of those BoardSource publications and resources that pertain to their interest.
For news and perspectives about nonprofit board leadership, we offer the following:
- The BoardSource SmartBrief, our daily news brief.
- The BoardSource blog, which includes perspectives from BoardSource leaders and others on critical issues impacting boards today. The most recent posts are highlighted below.
- Resources + Solutions, BoardSource’s biweekly email
- To learn more about board leadership, upcoming trainings, publications, and other nonprofit sector news, subscribe to our emails.