BoardSource is the only organization focused exclusively on nonprofit board practices and inspiring board service.
We welcome the opportunity to share our expertise with the media and with those who want to learn more about nonprofit board leadership and the sector as a whole.
To read news articles pertaining to the nonprofit sector, we suggest you subscribe to the BoardSource SmartBrief, our daily news brief. You can review the most current headlines below.
For an overview of our organization and information about our leaders, please visit About BoardSource and see the announcements and press releases listed below.
And for statistics on current board practices, please review the most recent edition of our signature study, Leading with Intent: A National Index of Nonprofit Board Practices.
Journalists seeking expert commentary on the full range of issues affecting nonprofit boards, including governance best practices, should email email@example.com or call Anne Atwood Mead, director of communications, at 202-349-2577. Please provide your media outlet, the nature of your inquiry, and daytime phone number. We are happy to provide journalists with an interest in a particular board practice or issue with free PDF copies of those BoardSource publications and resources that pertain to their interest. You may find the BoardSource Recommended Governance Practices helpful as well.
- New Campaign Encourages Nonprofit Leaders to Expand Their Impact Through Strategic Partnerships
- BoardSource Announces New Board Leadership
- Northern Trust, BoardSource and American Alliance of Museums Team Up to Strengthen Museum Boards &Trustees
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation Invests in BoardSource’s Work to Strengthen the Nonprofit Sector
- BoardSource Reinforces Advocacy as Essential Part of Board Leadership
- BoardSource Welcomes Mark Shamley to its Board of Directors
- Gates project to give free satellite data to problem solvers
- UK singer, domestic violence nonprofit join for music video
- Charity: Water uses live video from Ethiopia to inspire gala attendees
- Google.org focuses $50M block grant on developing nations
- The BoardSource Exchange for BoardSource members is now live!
- Craigslist-style approach could help nonprofits locate leftover food