Evaluating the Fit of a Board Service Opportunity
Use this form to evaluate potential opportunities for board service.
Name of Organization:
Skills & Interests
- I am passionate about the organization’s mission.
- The board needs my professional knowledge and skills.
- The board can benefit from my connections in the community.
- I am excited to govern the organization during its current opportunities and challenges.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- I am comfortable with board members’ fundraising responsibilities, including personal financial contributions.
- I can commit the time required to be an exceptional board member (attending all meetings, serving on committees, etc.).
- The organization has directors’ and officers’ liability insurance.
Culture & Leadership
- I received adequate information about the organization and expectations of board members.
- The organization is well managed at both the staff and board levels.
- The culture of the board will allow me to participate effectively in board discussion and decision-making.
Other strong points: