We believe that strong board and executive leadership is essential to the success of each individual nonprofit. We provide resources to inspire and support excellence in nonprofit governance and board and staff leadership.
At BoardSource, we envision a world where every social sector organization has the leadership it needs to fulfill its mission and advance the public good. We believe that strong board and executive leadership is essential to the success of each individual nonprofit, and — for nearly 30 years — have been working to inspire and support excellence in nonprofit governance and board and staff leadership.
We are committed to providing support that is relevant and accessible to organizations of every size, stage, geography, and programmatic focus. Our Board Support Program, which provides fundamental, assessment-based support to nonprofit boards and executives, is complemented by a wide range of diagnostic tools, educational seminars, best practice resources and guidance, and coaching and consulting services to strengthen board performance.
There is no question that BoardSource is the go-to resource for nonprofit boards and the recognized leader in the field of nonprofit governance. We invite you to learn more about the many ways that we can support and strengthen your board, your organization, and your impact.
You’ll find the following in this section of our website:
- Information about performance assessment — the key, in our opinion, to becoming a stronger board and building a constructive board–chief executive partnership.
- Information about our coaching and consulting services — our experienced and highly respected team of consultants works with nonprofits and foundations, as well as with corporations with programs supporting nonprofit board service. As a part of our consulting practice, we also offer educational seminars that can be brought directly to your boardroom.
- Information about our leadership certificate programs — focused on providing new board members, board chairs, chief executives/executive directors, and governance consultants with the information they need to succeed in their roles.
- A robust calendar of webinars and trainings — led by experts with helpful tips, tools, and takeaways on a broad range of leadership topics.
- Access to Resources + Solutions — a weekly collection of useful templates, checklists, infographics, and articles on important board topics and issues. Many of these resources require only email registration (free), while others are available only to active participants in one of BoardSource’s membership programs.
I appreciate the depth of resources and training available. I’ve found relevant information for all stages of board development and for every level of board member.