- This event has passed.
Leadership Certificate for Nonprofit Chief Executives – March 2018
April 5 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 2:00pm on Thursday, repeating until April 5, 2018
This webinar series takes place on Thursdays, March 22, March 29, and April 5 at 2:00 pm ET.
Chief executives have a tough balancing act to perform: They report to the board as its single employee, provide leadership to the board while engaging it in oversight, and manage the organization. All this takes time and thought — usually more than anticipated. That’s why it’s so important that you work effectively and efficiently to build a constructive partnership with your board.
The BoardSource Leadership Certificate for Nonprofit Chief Executives education and training program is designed to help you do just that. Whether you are new to the chief executive position or a seasoned leader, you will learn practical approaches to some of the most challenging aspects of the job, including
- attending to the overall chief executive/board relationship
- building relationships with individual board members, including the board chair
- engaging board members without inviting them to micromanage
- increasing the effectiveness of your board
- sharing the good and bad with your board
- working effectively with officers and other small groups of the board, such as committees and task groups
In addition to delivering the training and information you need to perform better, this course gives you access to an array of online tools and resources through a unique, dedicated web portal, and includes scheduled opportunities for reflection and application of course material.
This course is offered in webinar format as three, 90-minute sessions. At the end of the course, you will have earned your Leadership Certificate for Nonprofit Chief Executives and feel energized and better prepared to return home and help lead your organization to success in achieving its mission.