Leadership Certificate for Nonprofit Chief Executives: BLF 2017 Pre-Session
October 18 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This event is hosted in Pacific Time.
Chief executives have a tough balancing act to perform: They report to the board as its single employee, provide leadership to the board while engaging it in oversight, and manage the organization. All this takes time and thought — usually more than anticipated. That’s why it’s so important that you work effectively and efficiently to build a constructive partnership with your board.
The BoardSource Leadership Certificate for Nonprofit Chief Executives education and training program is designed to help you do just that. Whether you are new to the position or a seasoned leader, you will learn practical approaches to some of the most challenging aspects of the job, including
- attending to the overall executive director/board relationship
- building relationships with individual board members, including the board chair
- engaging board members without inviting them to micromanage
- increasing the effectiveness of your board
- sharing the good and bad with your board
- working effectively with officers and other small groups of the board, such as committees and task groups
In addition to delivering the training and information you need to perform better, this course enables you to connect with and absorb information from your peers. With scheduled opportunities for peer-to-peer learning, the program is a unique chance to bond with other nonprofit chief executives about the challenges and rewards that are unique to the role.
This session will also include approximately one hour of joint learning and sharing with board officers participating in the Certificate of Nonprofit Board Leadership for Board Officers training. Please consider sending a team of your board leaders to this program.