- This event has passed.
Executive Retreat: Coming Together to Discover, Collaborate, and Learn
December 4, 2016 @ 4:00 pm - December 6, 2016 @ 2:00 pm
BoardSource has long recognized that it can be “lonely at the top” for those individuals who serve as nonprofit chief executives and executive directors. While the chief staff position can bring a number of very meaningful rewards, it also can be isolating. Most chief executives have found that as they have ascended the career ladder, the number of people they can truly confide in has dwindled, as has the number of resources that speak to their unique and singular position and the challenges that come with it. That’s about to change!
During a collaborative and restorative three-day program that will take place at the beautiful Salamander Resort in the rolling hills of Virginia’s wine country, you will have the opportunity to meet and connect with other nonprofit chief executives from throughout the country and sector who understand exactly what you’re experiencing as your organization’s chief staff leader. Under the tutelage of a nationally respected faculty, who will focus the conversations around the most meaningful aspects of your responsibilities — your organization’s people, work, and culture — you’ll finally have the opportunity to have the open and honest conversations that are vital to the health and success of any organization, no matter its budget size or mission area. The course will encourage self-reflection and provide a “safe” place for sharing and learning.
You will walk away with
- tools to help you build the strength of your partnership with your board of directors from the fiduciary, generative, and strategic perspectives
- new skills and strategies for communicating
- the important work of your organization with both internal and external stakeholders
- your organization’s fundraising strategy and how it relates to today’s focus on overhead costs
- better understanding of how the current political environment impacts your mission and the sector
- new ideas and energy from partnering and innovating with a select group of peers through group projects, class and small-group discussions, and valuable time spent in and outside of formal sessions
The $2,700 cost of registration includes hotel accommodations and all meals during session days (excluding dinner on Sunday, December 4).
Consent to Use of Photographic Images
Registration and attendance at, or participation in BoardSource Leadership Forum and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrants to allow BoardSource to use and distribute (both now and in the future) the registrants or attendee’s image or voice, in photographs, video, electronic reproductions, and audio of such events and activities.