- This event has passed.
Certificate of Nonprofit Board Education – October 2018
October 24 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm EDT
An event every week that begins at 2:00pm on Wednesday, repeating until November 7, 2018
This webinar series takes place on Wednesdays: October 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 and November 7 at 2:00 pm ET.
BoardSource’s governance education program, the Certificate of Nonprofit Board Education, is for new and potential board members, staff and consultants who are new to working with a board, and others who want to understand the major building blocks of an effective board. The program covers the fundamental nonprofit governance concepts every nonprofit leader should understand, including board structure and practices, the roles and responsibilities of board members, and financial and legal oversight.
Please note: You must be a member to register for the Certificate of Nonprofit Board Education.
Through this six-part webinar series, you will gain and share knowledge and resources needed to understand the major building blocks of an effective board. We will review and discuss issues such as
- board roles and responsibilities
- legal and financial issues of boards
- identification, recruitment, and orientation of board members
- board-staff relations
- board meetings and the use of committees
- board’s fundraising role
- board member motivation, responsibilities, and accountability
- competing governance models
- governance trends
All participants who complete the series and pass a post-series assessment will receive the Certificate of Nonprofit Board Education.
As a result of this webinar series, you will
- gain insights, tools, and materials that further your understanding of nonprofit board governance
- develop a network of peers for the exchange of information and mutual support
- examine approaches, assumptions, questions, and practices regarding good governance
Who should participate?
This webinar series is recommended for
- new and potential nonprofit board members who are committed to becoming valuable leaders in the boardroom
- staff who are new to working with a board
- consultants, management assistance providers, trainers, field staff, and association staff who are new to working with nonprofit boards
The series consists of six 1.5-hour webinars conducted over six consecutive weeks. All webinars are recorded; if you miss one, you can view and listen to it later.
Week 1 – Overview
Week 2 – Board Structures
Week 3 – Creating the High Performing Board
Week 4 – Financial Oversight
Week 5 – Program Oversight
Week 6 – Fundraising
A post-series assessment will be administrated after the sixth webinar. Participants who pass the assessment will earn the Certificate of Nonprofit Board Education.
Registration and Fees: Members $499
Registration includes the following BoardSource publications, which are valued at $92 for members:
- Ten Basic Responsibilities of Nonprofit Boards, Third Edition
- Legal Responsibilities of Nonprofit Boards, Second Edition
- Financial Responsibilities of Nonprofit Boards, Second Edition
- Fundraising Responsibilities of Nonprofit Boards, Second Edition
- The Nonprofit Board’s Role in Mission, Planning and Evaluation, Second Edition
- Structures and Practices of Nonprofit Boards, Second Edition
To learn more about this course or our other trainings, please e-mail email@example.com or call 1-877-892-6273.
After purchasing the webinars, you will receive an e-mail each week of the series with important information on how to log on for the training.