Certificate of Nonprofit Board Education: BLF 2017 Pre-Session
October 17 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 9:00am, repeating until October 18, 2017
This event is hosted in Pacific Time.
The Certificate of Nonprofit Board Education is for new and potential board members, staff, and consultants who are new to working with a board, and others who want to understand the major building blocks of an effective board. The program covers the fundamental nonprofit governance concepts every nonprofit leader should understand, including board structure and practices, the roles and responsibilities of board members, and financial and legal oversight.
During the course of this certificate program, you will learn about
- board roles and responsibilities
- legal and financial issues of boards
- identification, recruitment, and orientation of board members
- board-staff relations
- board meetings and the use of committees
- board’s fundraising role
- board member motivation, responsibilities, and accountability
- competing governance models
- governance trends
At the conclusion, you will have
- gained insights, tools, and materials that further your understanding of nonprofit board governance
- developed a network of peers for the exchange of information and mutual support
- examined approaches, assumptions, questions, and practices regarding good governance
This event will be facilitated by speaker Chuck Loring.