- This event has passed.
The Board’s Role in Fundraising: BLF 2017 Pre-Session
October 18, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm PDTFree
This event is hosted in Pacific Time.
Leadership from the board of directors is a critical component in nonprofit fundraising success. Is your board comfortable in its fundraising role? Do your board members know the steps to successful fundraising? Do they know that fundraising is really not about asking for money? Do you know how to engage your board in meaningful fundraising? This interactive workshop will answer these questions and identify resources to assist you in helping your board fulfill its responsibility to fundraise. You will learn
- the reality of today’s nonprofit environment
- why the board must have a culture of fundraising
- why having the right board is critical for effective fundraising
- how to gracefully retire some board members and recruit others
- how to strategically maintain a strong fundraising board
- the importance of the staff and board team in fundraising
- why mission is critical in fundraising success
- that donor cultivation and stewardship trumps solicitation
- how hoard members can be great fundraisers and never ask for money
- why the board’s fundraising or development committee does not fundraise
- why board members must make leadership gifts
- how board members can help in planned giving
If you are a development professional or nonprofit CEO, consider bringing one or more board members with you. The more board members you bring, the closer you will be to making progress. Staff members who attend alone will walk out wishing their board members had heard this message. Create a team and create change.